Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Lay Bet Liability

(@fred_l0pes)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello team,

Currently, while building a strategy, on the Bet Actions, we have the possibility to set up a lay bet using a liability for a % of our banking.
However, what I noticed is that when set up a lay bet, for a % liability but asking for a specific odd, the bot will always calculate the stake from the odd requested.

The issue with this is, for example, if I’m laying on a % liability and asking for an odd of 1,3 but the market has a better odd available, let’s say 1,25 , the bot will correctly place a stake on the best odd available (as it should) but using the 1,3 odds requested to calculate the stake, which means the potential profit is lower since for the same % liability a higher lay stake can be used on on 1,25 odds than on 1,3.
This means that in practical terms, what the bot is really doing on % liability lay when better odds are found on the market is in fact lowering the real % liability since he’s applying the same stake on lower odds.

My request is in the sense if it’s possible for the bot to re-calculate the lay stake when better odds are found on the market, and in this way effectively stake on the correct % liability and increase potential profits.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards,
Frederico

Laurence Bettingdev
(@laurence-2-2)
Member Admin

Hi Frederico,

You can get around this by laying at best price and by adding the following condition:
Current Odds - ??? LAY <= 1.3

so, if you are laying the DRAW, select the condition:

Current Odds - Draw LAY <= 1.3

Like this, the bot should calculate the stake according to the real odds.

Hope this helps.

Laurence - Bettingdev Team

ReplyQuote
(@fred_l0pes)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hey Laurence,

Thanks for your suggestion but in fact I did a couple of tests and this didn't worked.

I set up a couple of strategies, practically similar, and the only difference was while one was configured to ask for an odd "equal to..." on the bets section, the other was configured to ask for best odds, with the added condition for the current odds.
This way both strategies would pick up the exact same games and I could make a comparison in behavior between them.

By the way, on the settings menu, where it says "While Laying at best price, offer a price that is X ticks above the current back price"...I have set it to just "1".

So the results were, the first strategy that requested a specific odd for the bet, it would always use the same stake to lay, thus changing the liability and not the potential profit. This is as described is my first post.

But the second strategy, indeed it changed the lay stake according to the odd matched, but the odds matched were above the odds requested in the condition. In fact, they were also higher that the odds picked up by the first strategy which is quite weird since they were doing the exact same bet at the exact same time.

So while using the "best price + the odds condition" did solve the lay stake issue...it raised another issue which is the fact that the bot didn't respect the requested odds condition.

Could you please take a look at this and let me know if you can re-create my issue?
And please let me know in case I can provide further information.

Also just to add that all the above were perfomed in test mode and not in real mode...so I'm also wondering if this may be a bug with test mode.

Regards,
Frederico

ReplyQuote
Laurence Bettingdev
(@laurence-2-2)
Member Admin

Hi Fred,

We don't provide any technical support there. Please open a ticket, we will be more than happy to help you. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share:
We use cookies to give you the best experience. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use.
Independently verified
32 reviews